The road I'm on is littered
The road I'm on is littered with empty promises, returning regrets; hopelessness.
A light in the darkness beckons with a false hope, and yet no matter how hard I reach towards it; it dissapears. Everything that I thought real or believed in turned out to be something misplaced.
How I long to cry that all this will just go away. Long have I stood here in this silence, a broken figure of what I chose to be. I have dreamt of being a hero to another's life, of saving things that could not be replaced; giving of my soul. Yet I am not without flaws.
I am tortured inside, a fragmented crystal that breaks with the slightest touch. I carry a burden upon my shoulders; the weight of a mountain. The peace I sought long ago turned to ash, the price of looking towards a respite when all things lay forgotten.
Falling to the ground my knee's give way. Staring at the desolation that I have wrought with my good intentions. I am betrayed by those I care to love, shunned. Tossed aside; found wanting. Screaming towards the vast emptyness that is my soul.
A black sky overhead, threatens to tear me away. Redemption is a silent stranger that hides behind the anvil of my heart. The world turns red with the pain that seeks to engulf. My sight is taken from me, and the world is gone.
The rock that I have become; unfeeling. Strength ebbs away from me, cold and hollow I tremble. I remember; sadness. Distant footsteps crash through my ears, and with them hearing fades into memory. Now, truly and utterly......
Alone.....
A light in the darkness beckons with a false hope, and yet no matter how hard I reach towards it; it dissapears. Everything that I thought real or believed in turned out to be something misplaced.
How I long to cry that all this will just go away. Long have I stood here in this silence, a broken figure of what I chose to be. I have dreamt of being a hero to another's life, of saving things that could not be replaced; giving of my soul. Yet I am not without flaws.
I am tortured inside, a fragmented crystal that breaks with the slightest touch. I carry a burden upon my shoulders; the weight of a mountain. The peace I sought long ago turned to ash, the price of looking towards a respite when all things lay forgotten.
Falling to the ground my knee's give way. Staring at the desolation that I have wrought with my good intentions. I am betrayed by those I care to love, shunned. Tossed aside; found wanting. Screaming towards the vast emptyness that is my soul.
A black sky overhead, threatens to tear me away. Redemption is a silent stranger that hides behind the anvil of my heart. The world turns red with the pain that seeks to engulf. My sight is taken from me, and the world is gone.
The rock that I have become; unfeeling. Strength ebbs away from me, cold and hollow I tremble. I remember; sadness. Distant footsteps crash through my ears, and with them hearing fades into memory. Now, truly and utterly......
Alone.....

Comments