Things Are Always Fading

The beauty that we see in youth is always fleeting, it buds, then blooms, then fades away. Some days the vigor we feel for life fades in the same way, starting fresh, the coming to full bloom, but fading when the chill of reality shatters hopeful dreams.

We never speak any more. Hope, ah lovely bird that it is, has flown away again. Things will never be as they were, and yet my love does not leave me, it is simply shelved away with all the other little things I cannot forget.

Some days we are drenched in reality and then it simply dies away, brushed aside by our hope for a new day. The morning comes and it is as if the day before never was. The aftermath of yesterday is a thing we deal with later, not at the break of dawn, not when we first arise, refreshed with the dreams of another evening. Eternity is built upon these dreams.

Do we live on in memory alone, or am I right in hoping that there is life after this place?

So many fascinating things in this world that I can never hold to myself. I can not draw these things into my body and make them a part of me, but I want to desperately. I want to leave this humanity and become something greater and different. I want to speak in a language that is universal to all the creations of this world.

I passed through these walls, finding it all again. I hadn't even known it was lost until I saw these things, broken on the floor.

Maybe I was wrong to let myself wander on different paths from the rest of humanity. Walking alone can be difficult with out the rest of the pack to help with the hunt. Still, I can move more easily by myself, I don't have the hinderance of thinking for the good of the pack. I can think for myself, think only of myself and what is best for me. Perhaps it is best to be alone, but sometimes I long for company, I want a companion who can keep up with my pace.

You and I once danced together, but things have changed. I wondered how long you could follow me, how long your arms could hold me. It really wasn't all that entertaining.

I find that life is forever changing, that the things I once held dear are fading. I find my memories get more and more distant each year, and faces I had thought I would always know are harder to recall. I wander through streets that are new, and find avenues that wind into places I've never known. Always I'm discovering, uncovering, losing and gaining. It never ends, but then again, eventually I know it will. The question is, where will it stop?

Comments

Popular Posts