Like the Moon, Like the Sea, by reflectingpool
There are many uncertainties in this world, many things that vary and change, unfathomable, unmeasureable, unknown! The depth of the ocean, the heights of the mountains, the temperature, the weather, so ~ so many variables...
I look around this earth, this massive ball of water haning in the balance in space, and I wonder, can I count on anything?
Can I be certain of anything? The future is unknown, the dreams we have fade or pass, like the clouds across the sky.
It hits me, though, that your love, since the day I first felt it; your passion, since the day it first surrounded me; your heart, since the day it first beat at mine, that has never changed.
And while my love is not mighty, I know my love for you is still there, unending, changing yet unchanging.
Like the phases of the moon it may be, bit it, like the moon, still hangs high in the heavens.
I LOVE YOU!

Comments