Thinking Of You
I love you.
I miss you.
I enjoy watching sunsets, finding a place out on the grass, or on a bench, and watching the sun fall downwards. I take great pleasure in seeing how the colors begin to melt and fade together, the way the clouds become smears of light and shadow across the blues, oranges, and purples of the twilight sky. I take deep breaths, and close my eyes, letting it all fade to something else within my mind's eye, inverting colors, creating something just as beautiful, but wholly different. I see the same scenery, but in a completely different way. I just absorb the scents and sounds, the sensation of the cool breeze on my face, that carries with it all those smells, all those little noises. I open myself to all the beauty that I cannot see with my eyes, and fall into the stillness of my self. I remember our palms pressed together, as my own palms are pressed to the earth, tiny tendrils of grass lying cool and smooth beneath them. I recall your fingers touching my face with the same delicacy of the slowly chilling fall wind. I take another slow breath, and open my eyes again, and feel you all around me. For a momentary eternity, I know that you are here with me, even when I am not there with you
I miss you.
I enjoy watching sunsets, finding a place out on the grass, or on a bench, and watching the sun fall downwards. I take great pleasure in seeing how the colors begin to melt and fade together, the way the clouds become smears of light and shadow across the blues, oranges, and purples of the twilight sky. I take deep breaths, and close my eyes, letting it all fade to something else within my mind's eye, inverting colors, creating something just as beautiful, but wholly different. I see the same scenery, but in a completely different way. I just absorb the scents and sounds, the sensation of the cool breeze on my face, that carries with it all those smells, all those little noises. I open myself to all the beauty that I cannot see with my eyes, and fall into the stillness of my self. I remember our palms pressed together, as my own palms are pressed to the earth, tiny tendrils of grass lying cool and smooth beneath them. I recall your fingers touching my face with the same delicacy of the slowly chilling fall wind. I take another slow breath, and open my eyes again, and feel you all around me. For a momentary eternity, I know that you are here with me, even when I am not there with you

Comments