when only the pimps and hoes wander

"Run and tell of the angels,
this could take all night.
Think I need a devil to help me get things right."
- Foo Fighters



It's that time of night when only the pimps and hoes wander the streets in in search of some sexually deprived bastard to prey upon. For some reason, I'm still awake.

I was already nicely tucked into my bed when my mind started wandering. The problem with my thoughts is that it constantly stretches the imagination. One second I'm thinking about a computer game and an instant later, I'm contemplating my existence. How one thought got to the other, I don't think I will ever understand.

Leaving a man alone with nothing but his thoughts is a dangerous thing. Ever try that? Just sitting down with nothing to disturb you. It's just you and your thoughts. It can get real frightening. You start to think about your failues, your shortcomings, shattered dreams, and broken hearts. I'm sure not everyone thinks that way. There are those who are at peace with themselves. You lucky bastards! *smirk*

I've always been known to be flirting with the edge of sanity. Most my friends call me crazy. There are moments in life where I think I was. The lawyers favorite phrase of temporary insanity. But then they say that there is a fine line between being a genius and being insane. If I've nearly lost my mind, what the hell am I supposed to be a genius at?

What's with me and my thoughts? Maybe I just need to get laid.

Anyway, for those of you who comment on my entries, it is much appreciated. I apologize if I am uable to browse through yours. One of these days I will be able to.

Comments

Popular Posts