I don't understand what it is

You turn me into something beautiful. You recreate me with your eyes, with your voice. I don't understand what it is that you do to me, making me smile, drawing me outwards. You make me feel playful and young again. Sometimes I feel the years that are both on the inside and the outside,just fall away, until all I can do is grin.

I don't understand what it is that you do to me, pulling me into this world where I'm oblivious to nearly everything but you. Time becomes an irritation, a thing that exists, but only to make our time together seem that much less. I could spend whole days with you, and never know that even an hour had passed, until days turned into nights.

You turn me upside down, muddle my thoughts, create delicious chaos in my head. I wouldn't have it any other way. I couldn't understand this any other way, because it makes no sense. It is a perfect contradiction of the way that reality is to supposed to be, and even though I'm afraid, I'm diving in head long, sure that you'll catch me.

It only took a week for me to know that this was right, because of the way you smiled at me, the way you laughed. Every time I look into your eyes, I feel hope that maybe, just maybe, I'll get to keep it this time.

Comments

Popular Posts