I love you ... again
Ok, thanks for all the responses to my previous entry.
I want to get something straight, I am not bashing upon the phrase "i love you" at all. I think that it can be the most melodious sounding words when spoken by someone who rocks your world. I didn't even get into the whole "i love you" between family and pets, I was merely using it in the contexts of romantic love.
My previous entries will reveal that I am somewhat jaded when it comes to love. Yes, I have had horrible experiences but that doesn't mean that I have given up all hope. The reason why my journal is titled "on a quest for perfection" is because I am on just that, a journey to encounter THE WOMAN. I know that somewhere along the line, someone will cross my path, walk beside me, and make all the walking worth while.
Until I find that "walkmate" I am just shooting off my thoughts about love. The greatest barbers are those with no hair, the best coaches are in the stands, and the most romantic of individuals are those who were hurt with unbearable pain.
The reason why I decide to write about the whole, "saying i love you" but was to emphasize a point. When I do fall in love, I don't want to look in her eyes, hold her hand, and tell her something that billions of people have said, and that billions of people use, and often times used in the improper way. I want something special and unique. I want something that will make no sense to everyone except me and her. I want something that is exclusively for our use. It may come across as selfish at first but upon further contemplation you will see that it is not.
It's like giving a gift, you don't want to give something just for the sake of giving (unless of course its to someone you have to give a gift to out of necessity, like a mother in law who pisses you off, but that's another topic). You want to give something special and meaningful. It may not be expensive or glamorous, but it means something.
That's what I want. I want to be able to tell her something that make sense to only the two of us. I haven't figured out what that would be yet. But then again, being that I'm single, I will have a lot of time to do so.

Comments