If I asked you ...


If I asked you, would you leave with me now? Could we run together and never look back, never wonder about other roads we could have taken? If I asked you now, could you hold me on the nights when things got hard, and kiss away all the agony that life presents to us?

If I asked you, could we just throw clothes into a bag, take all the money we had, and leave this place without a thought? I could do it. I could give up the future that I've planned out and take a life with just the two of us. I could live with that so easily. As long as it was with you, I could feel warm and happy for an eternity. I could drown in you, in your warmth, in the taste of your mouth, the feel of your skin, the soft roll of your voice, the scent of you.

So when you asked me to run away with you, when you told me you were serious, I would have taken you up on it. If I had stopped smiling for a second and looked into your eyes, and then told you yes... What would you have done?

Comments

Popular Posts