A quiet smile
Sometimes I sit and just sing, or listen to some one with a sweet voice, and I lose myself for a little bit. I just let myself be wrapped up in a moment, breathe deeply, and take my time. The sky seems so beautiful that I want to touch it, the grass and earth smell so rich and warm I want to melt into them.
There are other times that I close my eyes and it seems that the world rages within me. That there is no way to escape the bonds that limit me in my ability to reach out. I want to reach out now. I want to conquer the world and watch it fall before my feet. Sometimes I'm just hungry to dominate, to rip and tear. Sometimes I am obsessed with the darkness, with the seductive secrets it whispers in my ears, but eventually I return. Eventually the madness fades away and I come back to earth.
Eventually I return to save arms, and a quiet smile. Eventually I come home, recline in that comfortable embrace that soothes the hunger inside of me, and quells the raging frustrations that I feel.

Comments