Romantic Man

Let me clarify the often told myth that guys and romance don't mix. Many are under the assumption that there is no such thing as a romantic male, sure it is often spoken of but never actually seen. The chances of coming across bigfoot or the loch ness monster are greater than meeting a man with a zest for romance. Ok, so who's spreading these blasphemous rumors, women who've had nothing but bad experiences with men?

Guys CAN be romantic, the problem is that there aren't many guys who are. It's hilarious when I hear about gifts they give to their girlfriends. I know someone who bought is girl tickets to a basketball game and she hates basketball. Then there are guys who forget their anniversary, HUGE mistake.

Most my friends come to me and ask what to give their girlfriends. My response is simple, they should know what their girlfriend wants. I'm sure with all the time spent, they would have an incling as to the things she likes. The moment someone else buys the gift for you, it isn't worth giving. All gifts should have a personal touch.

Anyway, just goes to show that most men aren't endowed with romantic abilities. However, it doesn't mean that they are completely void of it. There are some men who actually take the time out to give something real special.

With my first girlfriend, I had someone paint her face on this book that I made for her. There were 30 pages to symbolize 30 days of our first month together. On each page I wrote something I loved about her. The funny thing is that my ex didn't really care for it but her friends were so amazed with what I had done.

Romance is all about paying attention and adding a little creativity. It doesn't need to cost much or be extravagant. Most guys don't realize that. Why send her roses when she loves tulips? Another thing, in my opintion, buying roses on valentine's day is the most unromantic thing to do. She'll really be surprised seeing a dozen red roses.

It's funny how I'm saying all this about guys when I'm sure that the majority of people who read my journal are women. Hahaha.

Comments

Popular Posts