Thank You

I've sat around, making up stories in my head for so long. I sat around making them up until I believed that one day, it might happen, that I would turn around and the person I had lost would be there. Only I turned around, and it wasn’t her that I found. What I found was you, and God I'm so glad that it was. I think I could have spent forever hanging on that dream, clinging to that desperate hope, until it killed everything inside me.
 
You have changed that dream, pulled away a past I would rather forget, but never will. You have made your own place within me, without knowing that you did it. For all these things I am eternally grateful, because you have saved me. You took a chance, drew me out onto that cliff beside you, but you didn't let me fall alone. Even though you know I would have. You are what I am thankful for, the first thing on my mind when I wake up, and the last thing on my mind when I fall asleep. There are so many things that I have that I am thankful for, but this is something different, in a league and category all it's own.

Thank you, for you.



Comments

Popular Posts