I'd Like to Fall Asleep...
We've got a lot of time. Time to spend together, and fall asleep in each others arms, and hold each other for hours, and smile at one another until our faces are sore. I'm holding on and never letting go. I'm going to keep on trying, no matter how hard it gets, or how many times I have to fall down and pull myself back up. I couldn't give you up, even if I wanted to. I couldn't just let you slip through my fingers, like I feel I've let so many others perfect chances. You are my happiness, the thought that gets me through the day, makes me smile for no reason at all. You are the sunshine on my skin, warming me when the winds are cold, and the rain is harsh. You are the moonlight shining down a silver and coal ribbon of highway that leads me back to home. I could give in to your breaking down my walls, and just let myself fall until I don't know even where I started.
Things are so complicated and simple at the same time, with all this giving in, and finding its what I want. I wanted this from the start, just didn't know what I was looking for until now. Sometimes it makes me cry, most times it makes me smile unbearably, and makes my heart ache so deeply for want of being with you that I don't know how to ignore it. I just know that we have plenty of time for me to spend, falling asleep in your arms, and not waking up, wondering where you are, hoping that when my eyes open, you'll be there.

Comments