Why Is It So Hard?




Why is it so hard to say goodbye at the end of the night? Why is it so hard to get into that car and drive away from you? Why do I want to cry when I look into your eyes, and see how much it breaks your heart to see me go. I only ever want to see you smile, and seeing that look in your eyes makes it so hard to just walk away. It tears me up so much inside to see it, even though I love nothing more than to look into your eyes.

I feel so terrifyingly intertwined with you. I realized as I drove home, how clear the sky was, how beautiful the stars were. I realized that I hadn't even noticed them. For one of the first times in my life I did not look for the stars in the midnight sky. I saw them in your eyes.

I am so lost in you now, I sometimes wonder how I walked this world without your love. Then I think of all the people who were there for me, who have helped me to get here, shaped and molded me. In so many ways it was my friends, my family, even those who hurt me, that made me ready for this moment. All those people helped to create me, helped me to find myself, even though I thought I was lost somewhere in there.

I've cried more in the last year then I think I have in my entire life. The fact of the matter is though, that these tears needed to be let go of, I suppose. I needed these tears, and the people who helped me to get through them. You, especially, have let me cry in recent months. I still do not know what I would do if I lost you now, even though I know that I won't.



And then the world just fades away
and nothing else matters
except the look in your eyes
except the stars in your eyes
when you look my way
as the music continues to play
and i see it all in your eyes
the world just doesn't exist
and it's that perfect moment
where the lights fade to black
and all that fills my view
is your eyes
your face.
all i can think about
is how my hand fits in yours
how i love so much it hurts
and how everything seems so right
and then the world just fades away.
everything freezes in time
my heart beat seems so loud,
and i wonder if you feel it too
if maybe i'm just imagining it
but then i see it in your eyes
the way i see the stars in the sky
and know that they are real
know that you
and this
and us
that we and all these things
are real.
the world is still fading away
and i'm standing here with you
in this dream that i'll recall
only when i wake up
standing in this frozen moment
with my heart beat in my ears
and my heart in my throat
and these words on my lips
and these tears in my eyes
and these perfect moments
where the world just fades away

Comments

Popular Posts