Because I Love You
Part of truly loving some one or something is knowing when to let go. It's knowing when to give up what I may want so that they can truly be who they are. It's being able to recognize that what might be best for them, might not always be something I can give. Part of it is being able to let go and know that, in the end whatever or whoever it is, will come back to me, will still love me back. If they don't, then you know it wasn't meant to be.
The hardest part of loving someone is being able to let go, being able to still love them, but give them room to fly. It's hard to watch others fly when I'm stuck here watching from the ground, but if I love them enough, then in time they'll come back down and share their wings. That knowledge doesn't make it any easier, but it does give me some kind of confidence and reassurance that what I'm doing is right.
I feel like I'm doing the right thing, because I want what is best for her. It's not easy, but nothing worth having ever is. These are the things I keep telling myself, and for once, I honestly believe them. This is worth working for, because it makes me feel alive. It makes me feel like myself, because I can fly or I can stand in place. I can be wild or I can be serene. I can be all the things I want to be, and I want to give her that in return. I want her to be and feel as free in this as I do, no matter where it leads her.

Comments