Can't Sleep...Reading things...
Sigh. Not in all ways, because no two people experience exactly the same thing... but it sure feels like it. A letter I received yesterday ...
Dear Cousin,
I miss you. It's not as if it has been that long since I saw you last, but in remembering it seems as if it has been months. I know it will not be very long before I see you again, but in waiting it seems like years. I could find solace in sleep and dreaming of you, but just as you are in memory, you seem intangible and far away. Sometimes I think that if I could only try hard enough that I could conjure you up right here beside me, but it never works. One of these days I'm going to figure out a way to keep you here with me. One of these days I'll figure out a way to be there with you. Maybe that is a mental state that only comes with time. Maybe with time I'll be able to be with you despite any distance that could come between us. Still, It wouldn't be as wonderful as being with you in person. And thus I am faced with a dilemma: I can not be selfish and hide you from a world that deserves your presence as much as I, and yet that means that I cannot always be by your side as I wish so much to be. Sigh. I love you.
by Jacqulina Ilada Harvey (Marsha)
Dear Cousin,
I miss you. It's not as if it has been that long since I saw you last, but in remembering it seems as if it has been months. I know it will not be very long before I see you again, but in waiting it seems like years. I could find solace in sleep and dreaming of you, but just as you are in memory, you seem intangible and far away. Sometimes I think that if I could only try hard enough that I could conjure you up right here beside me, but it never works. One of these days I'm going to figure out a way to keep you here with me. One of these days I'll figure out a way to be there with you. Maybe that is a mental state that only comes with time. Maybe with time I'll be able to be with you despite any distance that could come between us. Still, It wouldn't be as wonderful as being with you in person. And thus I am faced with a dilemma: I can not be selfish and hide you from a world that deserves your presence as much as I, and yet that means that I cannot always be by your side as I wish so much to be. Sigh. I love you.
by Jacqulina Ilada Harvey (Marsha)

Comments