I Was Hoping to Learn a Few Things Like..
I don't know how I ended up in your arms, or how I managed to tripand stumble over my own fears, my own silly words, to tell you how much I love you. I don't know how I've found myself moving from point A to B in what seems like no time at all.
I can't explain how one summer, one year at college, nine months of weekends and little snippets of time together, could bring us to where we are. You have given me so much and I feel like I'm always trying desperately to give you more, just to repay half of what you give. Then you smile, or say just the right thing to remind me that it's not about keeping tabs, not about who is giving more or getting more. You remind me that it's just about being in a way that I can only be with a small handful of people. It's not about who is doing what, but about just caring enough to know when to give and when to take.
I don't know how to express what you do to me, how you make me want to cry and laugh all at the same time. I can't explain how deeply you move me.
I can't explain it. I can't deny it. You are the sunshine on my flowers, the gentle rain on fields of green, the beautiful heavy snow on a cold winter night. You are my warmth and my shelter. You make me the happiest I've ever been. You give me room to move, to live, to breathe, to be. You mean the world to me, you mean everything. You give me hope, faith, and love, and I can never thank you enough for all that you do.

Comments