Little Thoughts That Keep Me Warm



You give me the best sleep I've ever had.
Even when you're not around,
I can smell you in my clothes,
smell you in the shirts I stole.
You treat me to the sweetest kisses.


Let me make believe that you're here
and I'm living it all over.
Let me melt into this sublime dream
of all the things we could have been.
Give me eyes so I can see
the fading twilight of our melody.

You're a world of hidden things
that I never would have seen
if I'd just remained outside.
Now I'm sinking in to sudden bliss
and drinking in the things you give.

Let me make believe that you're here
and I'm living it all over.
Let me melt into this sublime dream
of all the things we could have been.
Give me eyes so I can see
the fading twilight of our melody.

You pulled me from a self destructive
cycle of unsatisfying mediocrity,
when you showed me who I could be
and gave me new reasons to live.
There is no denying what I have seen.

Let me make believe that you're here
and I'm living it all over.
Let me melt into this sublime dream
of all the things we could have been.
Give me eyes so I can see
the fading twilight of our melody.

Comments

Popular Posts