I'm gnawing at the walls
I miss you so much right now. I'm gnawing at the walls and beating on the doors inside my head, wondering about this and that and speculating on a million different things. Its been a long time since I've gone so long without seeing you, and we talk so little any more...
I worry that if things continue like this... eventually we'll be strangers, nothing more than good friends who have drifted from one another because of the complexities of life.
I don't know any more. I just know that there is love, and longing, and... wholeness. Not without you, but when I am with you I feel more comfortable in my own skin. Its not because of anything you do or say, just your presence... the degree of companionship and understanding is what makes the room more solid and the air more breathable. Maybe that's all I need, is to have that... to be reminded every now and then how much we share without needing to say anything. I love you, and I suppose that's all that matters. Whether or not its enough to get us through this... it's all that matters right now, and I'm taking it one day at a time.

Comments