It Feels Like an Eternity

Even in a few minutes, hours, days, it feels like an eternity since I last saw you. Yet I can still feel your presence somewhere within me. Sometimes it is as if we never parted, and others, I feel like this distance is inescapable. I feel so torn, but I don't even know how to say these things. I don't even know where to begin. You are so close right now that I could just get into the car and see you. I could just climb into that vehicle, and drive down the road to be with you, to hold you, to curl into your arms and hide from the world. I could just reach out, and kiss you.

Sometimes I wonder, if I close my eyes, and believe it enough, that you'll hear the things I whisper to you when you're not there to hear them. I wonder if made you can feel the soft kisses that I wish I could give you, or if you know how desperately I miss your arms, your warmth, your voice. I wonder, and wish, and hope, even though all hope and wonder seem to have faded from me.

Comments

Popular Posts