Magic In My Fingers

I have magic in my fingers. I can create with my hands. My hands are not beautiful, but they can create. They have power within them to to wonderful things, to paint beautiful worlds with words. My hands have in them the power to heal. My hands have in them the power to express all the things that I wish I could with my lips. My hands and fingertips have their own special magic.

Your hands fascinate me. You have magic in your hands. You create beautiful things with them. You show me in gentle, subtle ways, how you care, how you feel. You speak volumes to me through your hands and fingers, and I love to listen. I love the way I feel in your arms, and the way you hold me so carefully and tightly. I don't know whether you think I'll break, or run away.

I just love being with you. I love the way you radiate warmth, beauty, understanding, and caring with every bit of your being. You listen, not just to me, but to everyone, with genuine interest. You care about others in a way that is incredibly rare to find, and you care without prejudice. You care simply because they are human, and for no other reason than that.

I love how you know what to say and when to say it. It is a gift that is incredibly rare, even if you don't think that you possess it. You know how to simply mesh with people, to blend, and let them be who they are. You also understand how silence and stillness can be just as important as motion, and chatter. You know how so much can be said without words, and when to extend that open invitation to meaningful silence.

You are intensely unique in so many ways. You are unlike anyone else, and yet much like me too. Your smell, your warmth, your feel, your hands, your voice, all of it combines to make me feel like where you are is a place I could call home. I could finally let my weary feet rest, finally relax and be all those things that I've been afraid to be. Thank you for that. Thank you for being wonderful, and just for being who you are, and for caring. Thank you so much for loving me, and for not being afraid to take a chance on me. I hope that some day I'll be able to show you how much it means.

Comments

Popular Posts