These last few weeks




These last few weeks, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds, I've felt you seeping into my blood. I've felt you becoming even more a part of who I am, becoming more deeply intertwined. Sometimes I'm lost, wondering where I end and you begin, but then again, I know the answer. I'm trying desperately to just let go, to let it all wash over me, and just be. Most of the time I succeed, but sometimes I find myself still struggling to keep hold on what was. I still want to run and hide sometimes, because it's almost too much, almost too terrifying. Then I look into your eyes and it is as if nothing else matters, or ever mattered, before you. It is as if the world did not truly exist before your smile, or the stars did not shine as brightly as they do now.
 

The air did not smell as sweet or feel as good in my lungs. The blood in my veins did not flow as freely or as sweetly as it does now. I did not see all the roseate colors of the sunset as I do now, or notice the perfect shapes of the clouds as they drift across the sky. The birds did not sing like they do now before your smile, before your eyes, before your warm and comfortable body. Every kiss is a small death, and a new resurrection of myself. Every look is a new beginning, and I wonder how it any of this could ever have escaped me.


Comments

Popular Posts