You Feel Like Home
The worst part of being away, is not being with you all the time. You are my haven and my home in so many ways that I'll never be able to explain it. In your arms I feel so right, so perfect, and so at peace with myself. I feel simple and pure and true. I feel that utter bliss that I had thought was reserved for some one else more worthy. Yet all I can do is smile, and laugh, and let it all fall out of me in soft kisses and twining palms and fingers.
I love to hold your hand, to let my fingers curl with yours, and my palm press to yours. I love the strange intimacy of it, as much as I love to stare into your eyes and press my forehead against yours. I sometimes wonder, if, maybe, just maybe, if I press my head close enough to yours, you'll be able to actually hear my thoughts. Maybe you'll be able to sit inside my head for just a moment, and know how heart wrenchingly, deeply, madly, and truly I love you.
I love you in every way possible. I love you in the comfortable, sedate way, that makes a person feel so secure and happy. I love you in that insane and wild way, where all I want to do is kiss you for hours, and run away with you to some secluded place where we could forget the world. I love you as a friend, as a partner, as a lover, as a confidante, as anything you ever want to be. I have said I would give you the stars if they were mine to give. I have decided that in some ways they are, but I can only give them through myself, through my words, through the way that I look at you. I see the stars in your eyes, and I see heaven. I see the universe, and it is painfully beautiful as it stretches out into an eternity. Which is how long I hope to be with you.
I love to hold your hand, to let my fingers curl with yours, and my palm press to yours. I love the strange intimacy of it, as much as I love to stare into your eyes and press my forehead against yours. I sometimes wonder, if, maybe, just maybe, if I press my head close enough to yours, you'll be able to actually hear my thoughts. Maybe you'll be able to sit inside my head for just a moment, and know how heart wrenchingly, deeply, madly, and truly I love you.
I love you in every way possible. I love you in the comfortable, sedate way, that makes a person feel so secure and happy. I love you in that insane and wild way, where all I want to do is kiss you for hours, and run away with you to some secluded place where we could forget the world. I love you as a friend, as a partner, as a lover, as a confidante, as anything you ever want to be. I have said I would give you the stars if they were mine to give. I have decided that in some ways they are, but I can only give them through myself, through my words, through the way that I look at you. I see the stars in your eyes, and I see heaven. I see the universe, and it is painfully beautiful as it stretches out into an eternity. Which is how long I hope to be with you.

Comments