You Turn It Around

You are like no one else. You don't fit in a catagory, you change the way I view things. You create a new stereotype in my head, and then shatter it once again, making me shift perspective one more time.
I thought I had so many things figured out. I thought that I knew how to deal with this, that I knew how to just take it one day at a time. I had hoped that I could be calm, that I could avoid being swept up in the moments of silence when so much is said. I thought that I could handle the brilliance of your light, the way that you look at me, the way that I feel more whole and less alone, whenever you are near me. From dawn to dusk, from twilight to starlight, you are a guiding light. You are a sliver of truth that I have found, because you have chosen to share yourself with me. Why it was me instead of so many others, I will never understand. I'll never comprehend what it is you saw in me that was more worthy than any other.

Lover and friend, you soothe these raging emotions, bring me back down to earth, or back up to heaven when I need it. I feel like I've been turned inside out and presented before you, no more mazes, no more walls, no more locked doors, or shuttered windows. There is simply me, standing before you, and when I look up, you just take my hand. You draw me in, and just let me breathe you in, just let me breathe, just let me be. The way that this runs around in my head every day, I may as well be trapped inside the dream that this sometimes seems to be.

Comments

Popular Posts