I am ready to redefine

Let out that breath I've been holding for a standing eternity, and the world just falls into place around me. The leaves are spiraling down from tree tops in fireworks sprays of red and yellow, like dancing flames curling through the air in an intricate tango of wind and wilderness. The world is moving in my head, just a few beats, a few moments, weeks, months, lifetimes ahead of reality. I've got the sound of laughter in my mind, and the scent of your skin on my clothes. I've got the gentle burning of my rose colored skin, and the thought of the tender heat withing your hands.

 

Raindrops kiss my lips, my fingertips, the back of my palm, just like you have done so often. The fog is clearing before me, and misty digits are trailing through my hair and crowning me in moonlight, starlight and dewdrops. There is peace within this quivering excitement, the anticipation of return, renewal, and a rebirth of my thoughts, my beliefs, and the entirety of myself. I am ready to redefine who I am one more time, and then settle into the new identity for another turn of the clock, and another spin of the wheel.

Jerk to a halt, only long enough to wonder if the road I'm rolling down so quickly is the wrong one. Then I'm back on track, moving headlong down the path again and racing forward to meet all these new things without fear.

Comments

Popular Posts