Unconditional Love
You showed me unconditional love
but still I tasted the waters
I could not trust
until I knew you would not hurt
You comforted me in times of troubles
but still I questioned the motives
I could not accept
until I knew they were nothing but pure
You hugged me when nothing made sense
but still I wouldn't let you near
I could not lose control
until I knew I could trust you to order my world
You confronted me when I erred
but still I felt treatened
I could not feel safe
until I knew I knew the confrontation was love
You cared for me no matter what
but still I felt alone
I could not let you care
until I knew it was real you did all this and more
but still I ran away
I would not accept it all
Until I could live, love, forgive and then finally accept

Comments