Alone in My Garden Again


I'm just reflecting on things. I'm not thinking about anything in particular... other than people. People are exceedingly interesting in all their little intricacies. There are so many intriguing things that make people into who and what they are. I love to look at people, watch them, listen to them. I have often felt estranged from the rest of the world, because, more often than not, I tend to sit back and watch. I like to observe from a distance, rather than participate. There are very few people for whom I am willing to pull myself into the crowd. These are the people that I am willing to call my friends.

These are the people that I see who are unique in and of themselves, and whose beauty shines through in ways that I can not describe. These are people who have empathy, humanity, understanding, and intelligence. These are people who carry themselves with an individual kind of unconscious grace. None of them are perfect, and yet they acknowledge their flaws, and manage to live with them. I miss being around those people all the time. I miss the fun we used to have together, and the quiet moments. I deeply miss those quiet moments, and dancing in the rain. That will always be one of my favorite memories. I miss dancing in the rain, and driving through the night to see moonbows.

I miss sitting in the booth at a restaurant, listening to the live band, and giggling over the attractive waiter. I miss warm baked brie with brown sugard and almonds, spread over apples and bread. I miss large cups of coffee on the mornings of late arrivals, and a little white, curly furred rabbit. I miss hours spent in the hammock, or roller blading down the street, talking about everything and nothing. I miss late nights, and companionship. I miss a lot of things... but most of all, I just miss basking in the glow of these people. I miss feeling like, for once, I am in a place that is home, a place where I can belong. So even though I know I am never truly alone, I still feel like I am.

Comments

Popular Posts