I See It Around Me, I See It In Everything
If I close my eyes and just pretend I can feel your arms around me. I can pretend I'm living all those moments over again that we have shared together, all the secret little intimacies, all the beautiful little words, all the sacred little touches.
I could drown in your kisses, and sink into your eyes, and hold you to myself until the world crumbles around us. And all I feel is a loss of words, because I've said all these things before, but it never seems like enough, and I've even said that much before too.
You complete everything I am, and what I share with you is more whole, more balanced, more true, than anything that has come before. I choose you again and again with ever cautious step, with every shaking breath, and with every fluttering heartbeat.
I could drown in your kisses, and sink into your eyes, and hold you to myself until the world crumbles around us. And all I feel is a loss of words, because I've said all these things before, but it never seems like enough, and I've even said that much before too.
You complete everything I am, and what I share with you is more whole, more balanced, more true, than anything that has come before. I choose you again and again with ever cautious step, with every shaking breath, and with every fluttering heartbeat.

Comments