I would repeat the cycle until the end of my existence
Beneath the moonlight I saw the Divine in your skin. Hidden in the shadows, leaving our souls bare to each other, I could see you shine beautifully for me, shine to the stars, the moon, and all that is precious and holy in this world. I could see the essence of who you are and feel myself drawn in to that.
With reverent submission we worshipped one another with closeness and subtle silence. I died and was reborn a thousand times in your arms beneath the moonlight. I would be reborn a hundred, a thousand, a million times to search you out again. I would repeat the cycle until the end of my existence.
I would stay back from that final incarnation of myself, if only bask in your presence one more time. You have redeemed me from all the self-inflicted anguish, and placed me here beneath the moonlight, cradled in your arms, held safe, warm, and alive in ways I can not describe. You renew my faith in all that is Divine, remind me that the spirit of the Divine resides within each individual, waiting only to be released.
We are full of magic and light, full of purity and strength, full of gifts and truth. Resting beneath the moonlight, I saw all these things, thought all these things, but said not a word, for want of preserving that holy silence.

Comments