Teach Me to Be Shy
Here we are wrapped up together tucked deep inside this room
finding a way to ignore the world outside
while I hope that the moment
will stretch on forever.
I'm not asking for a fairytale
I am just asking for a lifetime
of deepest companionship
of silent understanding
of sacred communion
between two seperate souls
that have chosen to bind themselves together
locked inside the warmth of a room
that closes out the rest of the world
while I listen to your heartbeat.
Twine your fingers in my hair.
Kiss my mouth so I can taste you.
Hold me closer so I can feel you
and try to trap the animal
that's been gnawing at my insides for so long
I don't know how to tame it.
I want to remain sequestered here with you
until the world outside comes crashing in
and time starts its motions again.
For now it will be just you and me
two strangers who have found one another
and battle our demons
while trying to batter down walls that
we have built in self defense.

Comments