Burn


Have you ever watched a fire burn? The destruction wrought from such a simple device, the way it manifests and dances. The warmth you feel as you stand near it, the pain if you come to close. It is a beautiful thing to behold, at least in the form of it, not so much as what it's potential is.

Dreams are flames. They are beautiful, but they burn you with their tendency to elude. They burn into ashes, and for those lucky enough to contain them. One day they will extinguish.

Relationships are great bon-fires. Your passion is a roaring furnace that devours all rational thought, and leave's you breathless with anticipation and desire. They can burn you, worse than anything. One wrong step threatens to overwhelm even the strongest heart. The beautiful thing about that fire, is it can extinguish, but there's always a spark waiting to ignite.

Life is the greatest fire of them all. My god how it burns.



P.S. Im taking a leave of absence for a while. Due to the increasing harshness of my reality, things beyond my control, and the inevitable rampage of waiting bills; I'll be scarce for a bit. I dont know when I'll return. Hopefully I'll have something good to write about. Take care dear readers, your words light even my darkest nights.

Comments

Popular Posts