I'm losing some ...

Things have little flavor for me right now. The taste has faded before it reached my lips and died in my mouth. It rolls blandly over my tongue and does not bring to me the pleasantness of life. Instead it is simple, pure, flavorless, yet not unpleasant. It is good, beautiful in its own right, but simply unexciting.

Things are good, they have their own simple spice, but they are settling. Life is becoming timid, relaxed, and unadventurous. I'm settling into the familiar and the easy. I don't know that I like it. I feel like I'm straying from the path of my true self by not making the journey headfirst down the roughest terrain.

I can't explain this, but I feel like I'm losing my edge. I'm losing some of the danger and insanity that is me. I'm losing some of the insatiable hunger and finding it replaced with malcontentedness. I'm not happy this way. I'm frustrated, but on the other hand, I'm not unhappy with it either.

Comments

Popular Posts