Lazy Summer Day
If these lazy summer days could last forever, I would never have to worry. I would simply wander in and out of the hazy, happy dream that has become my life. If these sleepy, drifting days could simply stay for a while, I would never have to cry, because my heart would bleed dry of tears. Only joy can remain right now.
The beast has been soothed, it prowls and dreams, dreams of heady balmy nights, full of all the sounds of the evening, of hidden thoughts and forbidden words. These days and nights are slowly moving through, but going oh so quickly, that I wonder if time has not truly turned into sand that is slipping through my fingers.
I miss you. Like I miss the ocean. I miss the sound of you, like I miss the sound of waves, both of which I can feel resonating through the very fibers of my being. I miss the way that it feels to be close to you, in the same way that I miss the feeling of water rushing over my feet, and sand shifting beneath my toes. If I could only live inside you, or near you, then maybe I could find with you the peace that I feel by the ocean. Maybe I could learn to love you like I love the calm stillness of moonlight shifting over the dark waters.

Comments