My Creation



One eve I dance with you along infinity


Touching your pliant soul with graceful fingers


Until you were once more molded to my liking.


I wove you into patterns, created in my image,


Drawing you towards oblivion and insanity.


I lured you through an exstacy of emotional fires


Where I wrought your inner being like steel


To create the sword I had so long desired you to be. .


You yielded to me without protest for yourself,


Simply bowing to the demands I placed on you.


Then you became a phoenix reborn from these pains,


Something greater than me that I could not contain.


You had surpassed what I'd ached for in myself,


Reaching for the paradise that I couldn't see,


And in my blindness I missed your transformation.


I attempted to ensnare you as I had before,


To tempt you to the edge of infinity and beyond reality,


But the radiance within you was greater. .


Now I dream on the edge of eternity,


Forever am I left wondering where the love I felt


Became a twisted desire to mold you into steel.


I am left behind in my cold purgatory, while above


You dance among the stars you always wanted to touch.


I had thought to rewrite your humanity,


To place our names together in the heavens.


Only too late have I realized my mistake in holding you


Never allowing you to have the freedom that was yours.

Comments

Popular Posts