power of positive thinking.


I apologize for not having written anything as of late. I've been trying to get out of the funk that I was in as can be seen in my previous entry. There are an overabndance of things that can dampen one's spirits especially in today's times but this should not hinder one from finding beauty. The world is a beautiful place, you just have to look in the right places. I lost my focus and dwelled on the darkness which achieved totally nothing. The Goo goo dolls said in their song "slide"...

"what you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful."

Beautiful thoughts lead to a beautiful life. You can never underestimate the power of positive thinking.

My sister has one of the greatest outlooks in life. She's always happy and ready to share a smile amidst all her difficulties. It's safe to say that life has short changed her but she doesn't look at it that way. She always finds something to smile about even after coming home late from an exhausting day at work. That is the type of outlook that keeps one young and beautiful. I grew up too soon because of my constant worrying.

Guess it's time to be a kid again. I never want to grow up, I wish I were five again when the world was simple and beautiful. Hopefully Peter Pan can swish me away to Never Never Land where I can find my youth once more.

But then again, we don't have to grow up if we don't want to. We can still hold that wonder of youth within us and live a childlike life. We can still find happiness in a simple cartoon. I still watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the same joy as the first time.

So when you get bummed out the way I did, sit down and watch a cartoon. Go back to your youthful days and relive that vibrance of youth. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

Comments

Popular Posts