I just know that I'm walking dear


Don't ask me to change love
I'm always changing
Don't ask me to die for you
I'm already dying.
Don't want me to fly for you
I'm too afraid of heights.
Just take me as I am dear
Because all I want is you.
I don't want to be somebody else
Even to be with you.
I can't make myself want other things
Because that's not how it's going to be.
You don't know how you touch me
You never understood you needed me.
I just know that I'm walking dear,
And I want you here beside me.
Don't try to push me where you want
I'll only bite that hand.
Don't try to feed me empty word, love
I'll shove them all back down your throat.
I'm not hungry for your life,
I'm not aching for your promises.
I just want to know you're near me,
I've got this need in me to hold you.
Don't ask me any questions,
Cuz you don't want to know the answers.
Don't go trying to pull me closer
I'll get there in my own time.
I'm just walking down this path, luv,
And I'm hoping to take you along.
I'm not going to be kept waiting love,
You've just got to play along.
You know you can't make sense of this,
You don't even have to try.
I'm not asking you to help me out,
I'm not asking you to fly.
I've got this need in me that's crying out
And you're the only one that feeds
This demon in my soul,
You're the one thing that I need.
I've got passions of my own, my dear
I don't need yours to get me lit.
I'm just clawing at reality,
You can't be a part of it.
There's a war that's raging in me,
It's a battle you can't fight.
There's things I'm taking care of,
But it's going to be alright.
You know that you're inside of me,
No matter where I go.
I don't know why you hide from me,
I'm just a weary soul.
So I keep walking down my path alone
Hoping you'll catch up,
I'm not going to stand and wait for you
It's who's got to find your way
Your time is almost up.
I'm going 'round that bend ahead,
And I'm never coming back.
My dear, you've got to make your mind up now,
I need you here with me.
You've got to break away somehow,
Or you've got to set me free.
These chains we've forged can't hold me here,
I'm just a wandering heart.
You knew this when you came to me,
You knew it from the start.
Your love for me means everything,
But I've got to me along.
If you're coming with me, hurry up,
Cuz I won't wait very long.

Comments

Popular Posts