I need you so much

Too much on my table... not sure if I can do this, put things in for the long haul and trust myself again. I used to think I could. I used to think that I could go weeks without seeing someone, that I was strong and independent, that I didn't need anyone, much less a lover, but I do though. I need you so much. I need you as desperately as a castaway needs land, as a starving man needs food and water.

I crave your touch like the desert sands crave cool rains, and soft sandy beaches crave the ocean waves. I need you truly, deeply, terribly. I think that I could break myself on this need, on the desire to be held in your arms. I just want to spend time beside you, just watch you smile, listen to you breathe. I can't contain or control this, I can only be what I am. What I am is yours. I am what I have let myself become, and I am completely enraptured by you. I feel you in my bones, so deeply and intricately entwined, that I hardly know where I exist any more when I am not with you.

It seems like nothing has happened until I've shared it all with you. Only tomorrow leads the way though... and so I'm just waiting to breathe again, waiting to know that we'll have plenty of time together, waiting to know that we'll have a lifetime, because even that could never be enough.

Comments

Popular Posts