I'm dying to know
The moment of anticipation makes the world seem so much more dense than it really is. I want you here, in my arms, where I can feel your skin and remember what it is like to breathe in your sweet scent until my whole world becomes your smell, your taste, your kiss.
I crave what seems like it has been gone from my hands for so long and I want only to rest my weary head against your chest until the sun rises. I want to listen to you breathe until it becomes the rhythm that seeps into my bones. I want to drive down the highway with your hand holding mine, watching the sunset on the horizon and watching you smile as you sit beside me and kiss the back of my hand.
I miss you more than words can say right now, mostly becuase you're gone, but almost back home. I'm so close to seeing you that I can almost imagine how it will be, what I will do, what I will say. I want to tell you how I love you while looking into your eyes and holding you close, one more time. I'm so terrified that if we're apart for too long you might forget how much I mean it when I say it.
I feel like a junkie, strung out and desperate to feel you in my veins for just a little while, just one more time, one more fix and I'll be fine. I'm not an addict, I swear, I can quit any time I want, but God, this just feels so good. Only a few more hours of waiting...
I'm being patient though, reminding myself how good it will be when it finally happens. I'm dreaming of the sound of your voice, hoping for the relief I know I'll feel when I see you safe at home again.
"I'm dying to know- do you do you like dreaming of things so impossible... wading through all your bad bad days just to end them with someone you care about."
I love you.

Comments