Places Where We Are Quite Alone


I have said it before that I could love you for an eternity, and never get tired of it. I don't know that this love could ever find an end, or ever feel worn out. Every time I begin to think that the shine has started to fade, I peel back the layers of life, of insanity, of humanity, of our tangled jumbled selves, and I see the gold beneath. 

I'm still thinking of your eyes, your voice, your face framed by the moon and the stars. Strange, the things that one notices in those moments that seem the most poignant. I just want to kiss you again. I want to press my cheek against yours one more time, I want to be held and to hold.

Sometimes I have to cling to you just to keep my feet on the ground. Sometimes I need you to believe in me, because it's not often that I do.

I believe in you though. Of all the people I've met, you fascinate me in ways that I can't explain. Your ideas, your way of being, of making it through every day without losing yourself, parallels my own, and yet deviates from it to. Similar enough to be understood, but different enough to draw my interest.

Somewhere out there, the birds are singing, settling in against each other for the night. The air is heavy and thick, ready for rain. The earth is alive again, slowly waking and stretching from its slumber. Somewhere out there you are sleeping, and somewhere in here, I am dreaming of you.

Comments

Popular Posts