Taking Time to Get to Know Your Face

I miss your eyes most of all. I miss how many things you can say just by looking at me. The way you look at me, enraptures me. It holds me captive with the deep blue ocean of your gaze. I want to lie beside you, and listen to the steady rhythm in your heartbeat, the crash of waves in your breathing. I want to feel the soft breeze tickling my skin in your touch. I want to speak your name to the wind, give your beauty to the sky, to offer up all that I see, and then keep it to myself. Maybe I'm just a little selfish, but I want you all to myself, to devour you, and claim you as my own.

I love to trace the curve of your mouth, the arch of your cheekbones, the lines of your jaw. I relish in spending seconds, minutes, and hours, memorizing your features, and trying to eternally capture the look on your face when your eyes meet mine. I wonder if you can feel it when all of my being is singing for you, every inch and piece of my self, straining to find you, to be a part of what you are. I have said it so many times, that I sometimes doubt the necessity of those simple words. I somtimes wonder if I even have to say it at all, or if you can just look at me and know, know that I'm thinking it, know that the entirety of what I am, knows it and believes it. I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts