I love you
Anyway, I was talking to a friend and I wanted to discuss the simple phrase "i love you". How many times do you heaer that phase? On television, in the movies, couples walking down the street, from your signigicant other. If you ask me, it's over used. I think that the only other phease used more is "fuck you". Life is either about loving or hating. *Smirk*
Getting back, the phrase "i love you", in my humble opinion, has lost all its meaning. It's come to be second nature to everyone and is just said due to the spur of the moment. It's no longer about expressing one's inner most feelings. It's not about letting the other person know that they are your world. It's simply said out of convenience, or worse, to obtain something.
You say "i love you" when you really mean it, or when you really don't .. there's no in between. Let me elaborate. If you realy love your girlfriend, you tell her that you love her. You tell her constantly. If you are going out with someone who you like but aren't sure where this like is going, you aren't going to blurt out the phrase because of a whim. That's treading dangerous waters. But then again, if a sex crazed guy wants to get the girl in the sack, he will easily say those precious words to close the deal. I'm sure most of you have seen this practiced.
Just sad how such a beautiful phrase has lost its meaning. I'm sure there are those out there who say it and mean it. There are lucky couples who remind each other constantly about their feelings. You have to admit though that saying "i love you" just isn't the same.
I wonder how the phrase originated. Was some guy just overwhelmed with some girl? Did he just look into her eyes and blurt out the phrase? Maybe it was because some young cassanova wanted to coupulate with a young maiden?


Comments