Again, I find myself in this place.
While we may wipe away our tears, never can we forget; the heart always remembers. I suppose I ask myself why bother in the first place if you've been in the situation one too many times. Sure, In the end it all comes down to the willingness to try again, that perhaps this time it wont end in the tragic manner of all things.
I came to the conclusion we lie to ourselves in the attempt to find that one thing to fill the hole deep inside us. A conclusion to the exclamation point of our existence. It's a lost cause, a battle with neither side gaining ground. A long bloody drawn out fight.
Where does it end, with all the things we hope to gain; all to lose in a single precious moment of selfless love. For just a time to hold a heart in the soft embrace of one's hand. I cant explain the attraction to the unwillingness to give up. Perhaps it's the fight that draws so many. Like a moth to the flame we sacrifice ourselves for that perfect element.
Perhaps it's on the genetic level we feel this madness. A crushing grip that dwarfs all other emotions. The need to pass on one's seed. To know your line wont die, that while you may end up a piece of paper in the morning newspaper; you live on in another.
I am without answers, lost unto the night in this great mystery. I just feel the need to know that I can touch another person, in a way that is without words.
Again, I find myself in this place.
I came to the conclusion we lie to ourselves in the attempt to find that one thing to fill the hole deep inside us. A conclusion to the exclamation point of our existence. It's a lost cause, a battle with neither side gaining ground. A long bloody drawn out fight.
Where does it end, with all the things we hope to gain; all to lose in a single precious moment of selfless love. For just a time to hold a heart in the soft embrace of one's hand. I cant explain the attraction to the unwillingness to give up. Perhaps it's the fight that draws so many. Like a moth to the flame we sacrifice ourselves for that perfect element.
Perhaps it's on the genetic level we feel this madness. A crushing grip that dwarfs all other emotions. The need to pass on one's seed. To know your line wont die, that while you may end up a piece of paper in the morning newspaper; you live on in another.
I am without answers, lost unto the night in this great mystery. I just feel the need to know that I can touch another person, in a way that is without words.
Again, I find myself in this place.

Comments