All that's in My Mind
All I'm thinking of is fingertips and silent words, the words that slip inbetween our every breath and motion.
(Give us time, give us beauty, give us age, and give us years/take away all the insanity and leave me with nothing but myself/show me the magic that slips between the veils of reality, between the understanding of what is/show me a path that is littered with gold dust and quartz/Give me a ribbon of moonlight to ride between the stars, beyond heaven and hell, beyond thought and recognition/I want to dance inside an emotional whirlwind for a few years, only to come spinning out full of vitality and renewal/I want to glide over ocean waves, and sing a song to the creatures within its vast blue embrace/I want to fly screaming down to earth, and shed these wings of silver and gold, for something soft and real/Give me something precious to hold, so that I don't feel so afraid of me/or is it afraid of you/ Does it even matter?/Aren't we all the same?/Where do I end and you begin, when your hands are pressed close to my skin?/Have you seen these scars of innocence?/Have you given up on finding love, but forgotten that you already hold it in your hands?)
All that's in my mind... is those words we never say, but always hear falling between the cracks.

Comments