Hidden confusion, Inner demons


Loss; the absence of something that you held dear. Perhaps an extension to someone's personal happiness, often time's leaving a bitter gaping wound that never quite fully heals.

Isn't that the irony of life though, the constant loss of friends and family, a weary road that's often traveled alone? I sometimes wonder what exactly life would be like when everything we wanted was realized. Not such trivialities that money can buy but the love we often time muse doesn't exist. I can't comprehend people; their thoughts and soul often convoluted full of hidden confusion and inner demons.

I give all that I am in every person I meet, I trust with a blind eye unwilling to let myself be less than what I could be. I am the carpet that humanity has decided to wipe its proverbial foot upon. These are the sounds I make not so much a desire to destroy, but to ask why. I hide myself in my room, listening to songs of despair, feeding the darkness inside; writing these words.

Why do women continually put themselves into hurtful relationships unhealthy to their beautiful soul, slowly building a tarnish that can never quite come clean. While there is among them someone willing to do everything in their power for them just to smile. Why are these people so often overlooked, instead of interest; given sympathy and mundane excuses about not wanting to hurt them.

Truth is an often-misguided creature. Honesty seems to be a failing for the greater part of mankind. The truth can set people free; instead we build a wall of white lies in order to protect. What madness has corrupted our minds, while the hurt bites deeper from the realization your just not worth anything. A dagger plunged deep into the soul, ripping the fabric of our humanity.

I'm so tired, I lay awake and wonder at the bitterness that slowly spreads through my veins. Tears are no longer enough, while I may cry myself to sleep at night; the darkness always remains.

Comments

Popular Posts