Takes my pain away, please.


I ingest these pills to dull the pain I feel inside. Unthinkingly consuming far too many in the process. I've grown accustomed to the fracture that is in my soul. A rift that was formed by the endless strife I face throughout life. I suppose it comes as no suprise to realize just how far the bottom was, when I crash landed down in this deep chasm of unprecedented isolation.

I light a candle for every regret formed, each tear that falls. A forest of firefly's shine brightly in the darkness. Without flaws we are a perfection in the mind's eye, yet this that we strive for so greatly; is an illusion. It's a false hope that can never be gained, nor experienced.

Flawed. A diamond lacking the proper beauty, it's facets corrupted by irregularities. I stay awake at night while my mind wanders through memory. I feel so broken, without a center in which to hold my spirit together. Incomplete as my world is torn asunder of all meaning.

It goes beyond frustration, this sense of feeling unwanted. What characteristic defines a friendship. What moment sets them apart. Does anyone see me? Or have I fallen into a world that lacks sight; where the blind stumble, and all that I am is ignored based on petty opinion.

Alone, it's a troubling feeling. A castaway from humanity. Still the world walks by, and no one see's.

Comments

Popular Posts