Depth Of Depression

Why does one's past always seem to be the main aspect of our pain? The choices we made, the roads we walked down, the people we've hurt. No matter how hard we dwell on it, there's no taking back what's been said and done. So why do I constantly think on it? A part of me believes we can still make amends for the things done wrong, yet the other part tells me to move on, to let it go, to forget.

I remember hearing in my history class so long ago that the reason we even have a class depicting the past is so we can learn and not make the same mistakes. The irony of it all. one step forward, and two back, I cant seem to get it right, or at least I dont seem able to learn. I always thought I was damaged good's, but the reality of it is, I dont think I want to forget, It's the only thing that holds me together and makes me unique from humanity.

Yet, the fact that it drags me down into the depths of depression is reason enough to do so. I suppose Im looking for redemption from myself. Is it even possible such a thing exists? To learn how to forgive is such a simple thing, but how does one forgive themselves?

Comments

Popular Posts