I don't understand

Something I cant understand in this world, is so few of us have any honor, in that what we do, how we handle things, and about our idea of right or wrong. Murderers and rapists, muggers, and thieves live a life of degenerating hate, that slowly eats away at them, causing others to fall prey to their deeds.

I don't understand how someone could deny the right to live to another man or woman, to take something not theirs and feed upon it. Steal the money earned by sweat and blood, just to loose it because your life hangs in the balance. How has society degenerated so badly that respect in other people, hinges upon material items, and our own pleasures.

Too many a person has belittled others or themselves, holding nothing sacred to their heart or soul. I have high morals, I believe each man and woman to their own destiny, my toil goes not in what they do. I have compassion in all people, for someday I may need a helping hand to give me the strength to stand.

We are all human, and we all need to recognize we cant exist without one another. Too much hate can destroy the very fabric of our lives and cause the downward spiral of all things evil and wrong to finally gain the toehold to destroy us. We need to embrace diversity and change.

To learn to accept another person's shortcomings rather than hurt them with words. We all bleed the same color blood. We all mostly think the same way, yet difference lies within us. Honor that person and yourself by letting things go, rather than holding a grudge and causing that pain that cant be lifted or taken back.

For a world like this, on the way it's going, I would rather not live this day, than know that tomorrow my sons or daughters future will hold the same evil and impass.

Comments

Popular Posts