My thoughts ramble incoherently



I am in a delirium. A state of purposeful energy that's never unleashed, I walk with my eyes open, yet flounder as I run into walls. Regardless of how much I speak, I never say a word. My thoughts ramble incoherently and everyone stares.


Why do I even open my mouth anymore, why try when everything stacks itself against me. I want to spend time with her, to watch her eyes glow with an inner light; when I make her smile. I cant seem to say what's needed though, I cant set her mind at ease, that what I want isnt what all men want. 
Maybe I try too hard, perhaps not enough. When words fail me, what will I have left besides this feeling in my heart? Something that feels like a wound ever bleeding when I get pushed away, but full of glorious intensity when she's near.


I keep remembering that I am a man, and perhaps that's what holds her back.

Comments

Popular Posts