As we walk...


Give me just a little bit
so I can explain how your voice
brings me up and down at once.
Remind myself that I love you
while wandering here alone.
Songs of longing linger in the air
hovering upon my lips
but never given voice.
Little by little the world's
colors blur and fade
because I can't find you in the fog.
You think you know what I feel
think you know who I am
but I'm always changing lover,
and the world won't stand still
not the way I wish it would.
I'll wait for you though
I really don't mind
because I want to be here
always waiting for you
in a constant game of catch up,
hoping to live up to what you want
and knowing I'll always be just short



 As we walk along the beach on that breeze June night, I feel the tingle all over and the weakness in my knees, just as I did the first time you touched me. I look up at you and we make eye contact and I feel forever lost. Staring deep into your eyes always brought me joy for I knew I was lost in a warm, special place. As I smile I become more melancholy because I fear it may be the last time I can be safely lost. 

Your hand reaches up, caressing my face, as if for a reassuring touch. You pull me close and hold me. With your head on my shoulder I stare off into the night's sky, I ask god to please answer me why. Why when I feel I have finally found my love He is ripping her away, tearing apart my heart? I feel my eyes start to water and I know I have to stop. I found the girl that was worth my tears but I promised she wasn't going to make me cry and, she promised she never would. 

We laid a blanket out along the sand and things felt so perfect, so real. How could it be you were leaving me? We don't talk; silence is worth a thousand words as we stare at the clear night sky. With your head rested on my chest, you hear my heartbeat, as our hearts beat as one. I make a promise to never forget what we shared, the way I felt and, that special night. We'll both have to move on but you walked into my heart further than I though you could and put footprints in my heart deeper than the rest. They will go with me everywhere I go. Because of that I can still smile in knowing your always with me.

Comments

Popular Posts