Bread Of Life
I would have taken Golden Stars from the sky for your necklace,
I would have shaken rose-leaves for your rest from all the rose-trees,
But you had no need; the short sweet grass sufficed for your slumber,
And you took no heed of such trifles as gold or a necklace.
There is an hour, at twilight, too heavy with memory.
There is a flower that I fear, for your hair had its fragrance.
I would have squandered Youth for you, and its hope and its promise,
Before you wandered, careless, away from my useless passion.
But what is the use of my speech, since I know of no words to recall you?
I am praying that Time may Teach, you, your cruelty, me, Forgetfulness.
I would have shaken rose-leaves for your rest from all the rose-trees,
But you had no need; the short sweet grass sufficed for your slumber,
And you took no heed of such trifles as gold or a necklace.
There is an hour, at twilight, too heavy with memory.
There is a flower that I fear, for your hair had its fragrance.
I would have squandered Youth for you, and its hope and its promise,
Before you wandered, careless, away from my useless passion.
But what is the use of my speech, since I know of no words to recall you?
I am praying that Time may Teach, you, your cruelty, me, Forgetfulness.
Food for thought. I am handing down to each one of you a recipe that can be prepared quite easily. Every morsel is nourishment for the soul. Savor each delicious biteful. The name of my recipe story is: BREAD OF LIFE. Read the instructions very carefully and follow the ingredients to your liking. I do encourage you to use this recipe like all other good cooks who are following a recipe. Add or subtract from them with the freedom of your own creativity and uniqueness. To begin with, one must come with a heart full of love, a willingness to create, and a desire to delight in the transformation of your wondrous work of hospitality.
Begin first with shaking the dust from your feet. Wipe away any resentment from your face and replace it with a smile. Gather in an armful of hope, charity, and love. Leave room for plenty of patience, goodness, trust, and faith. Clean hands and a happy heart gives way to generous helpings of service. Sift out any discouragement or any attitude that may leave a residue. Now we can begin.
Yeast is the primary ingredient for my recipe, BREAD OF LIFE. Active yeast produces the most delicious, de-lightful tasting of bread when it is mixed with other ingredients. One to savor. To prepare the yeast to become all it can be, we must first mix it with living water. This combination of ingredients needs a balance of temperature and consistency for it's work to manifest. The temperature must be moderately warm or the combination will not mix well and will not begin to rise later to it's potential. Add this leavening agent to plenty of flour and season, sprinkling with salt. Salt is essential in relationship to the desired life of the bread. This mixture that is added will make a soft and pliable dough. Rest with prayer. Squash down ego with determination. Then add one part work and the other part add joy. Knead with gentle hands of love, goodness, and most importantly... patience. Gently knead rhythmically until the dough is smooth in texture, resilient, and has flexibility. Grace fully cover the dough keeping it warm and able to rise and double in size. Allow the leaven to rest within the dough while a transformation begins to work undisturbed in silence. When it is time, uncover your bread and place in your heated hearth to bake while the aroma gradually embraces your home with a fragrance of sanctity. Baking will produce a rich and wholesome bread covered with a protected crust.
While waiting, prepare the table for your guests. Clothe the table with linen and have your centerpiece be quite visible with candles aglow. Now place your rich and wholesome warm bread of life upon the table to be broken, eaten, and shared with one another. A bread made with love produces nourishment and feeds the hungry at the same time.
While breaking bread and sharing life, a prayer of thanksgiving may be added at this time as you consume a healthy portion of God. Each slice from the plateful of bread that is shared, melts the spirit with joy and laughter. It is the chicken soup of the soul warming the heart. Add a generous God as your companion. Savor the taste as you digest the holy spirit within your mind, your words, your heart, and your soul.

Comments