How much simpler life would be

~Cause I'm broken, when I'm lonesome, and I don't feel right when your gone away~


It's easy to lay down your mighty guard, and let someone casually walk inside the places that reside in your heart. Only problem with this simple feat, is letting them go. Memories are a bane of fire and ash that scoure away the innermost prison we create for ourselves. 

We are blades of glass; humanity. We show our appearance, and when the sun hits us just right, we shine; fragmented into millions of crystal shards. I believe that at the right time, we are observed by others. A silent witness to the testament of who we truly are. 

A fading age of innocence we are are seen skin deep for the most part. I wont deny that some attraction is required to be interested. How I wish to break those chains, for truly be free from the shackle of the mind. Just as a fragement of glass can show beauty, it can also lunge deep into the recesses and cut hard. 

I wish for a lot of things, lately I've begun wishing for a chance. It's easy to say you will accept what you can feel, but can you let go of what you see? A blind man, love's openly, never knowing the breathlessness of a sunset, nor the fine lines of worry that are shown on a person's face. 

They never gaze deeply into someone's eyes, seeing that single moment when the flame of the soul is revealed. Never see the tear's that a rejection might cause. To use touch, and interpretation as a means of moving yourself forward, while never looking behind. 

How much simpler life would be, if we were all blind.

Comments

Popular Posts